Options

Failed First Try 834

apcronnellyapcronnelly Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Damn, I am kinda bummed. On the ride home I know a few things I should have done on the sims that would have put me over the top. I plan on trying to take it again while much of the info is still fresh. Any suggestions on how to hammer this one home?

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your next attempt!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup i got 834 too...seems like if you do everything near perfect and miss a few things on ONE sim you get an 834. very odd I say..very very odd!!!!!
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Next time... If you alredy know where you went wrong, you'll be fine on the next attempt. Get it as soon as you can.

Bummer you were so close.
    Kam.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    You can do it - cram until you siti it again...........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    apcronnellyapcronnelly Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the support, guys.

Planning and Designing
    > 62%
    Implementation and Operation-> 87%
    Troubleshooting
    > 83%
    Technology
    > 64%

I am making sure I have subnetting on lock, reviewing all things WAN. I feel pretty good on all other aspects. My semester starts tommorow so I can get back on some routers....

I plan on taking in a few weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions that helped them recover from a fail, and come back full circle?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Make sure you double check all the topics on the exam blueprint... but focus more on the ones under the Planning and Designing and Technology areas.

Subnetting is probably under the Planning and Designing area.... check out CCNA Forum FAQ (one of the stickies at the top of the CCNA Forum) -- the links to the practice subnetting site are probably in the first couple of links in there.

If you're not bummed out.... study some more and hit it again soon. If you're bothered by not passing -- take some time, but keep studying everyday so you don't forget what you already know.

If you think you blew a SIM.... try and get some hands on time with that technology so you can count on those points for your next attempt.

Good Luck on your next attempt! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!