Options

sybex ccna 5th edtion.....

zomzom Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi ppl would like to ask as stated in the subject, does the sybex ccna 5th edition still sufficiant to get to pass the ccna exam? thx alot.
MCSA 2K3, MCSE 2K3, MCDBA

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That book, this site, and either a "hands on" router or good simulator (I can't remember if the one that comes with the book is good).
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Ive heard more about that book and that author when conversation turns toward CCNA material than everything else combined. I have read probably half of it and it seems like a good reference. But definately get hands on experience with routers/switches or a good sim. Bosom Netsim seems decent.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Sybex is good if you have lots of Cisco experience and Cisco knowledge and you want something fun to read to fill in some gaps (check the CD for the NAT Chapter or download it).

If you're just starting out -- its a good fun read for review after going through the Cisco Press books and is the best for Subnetting.

Check out the CCNA Forum FAQ -- the first set of links talks about the books.

Most people would recommend both the Cisco Press and Sybex book for the CCNA.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought the Sybex book as my first study aid when I got into studying for the CCNA, and short of some job paid for online courses, have primarily relied on it as my main source of study material the whole time. Lammle wrote the book so that a complete newcomer can pick it up and never really need to stray from it, save for some fortification on a few things. If you were only allowed one study source I'd definitely pick up the Sybex 5th ed book and use this site and the Cisco learning resource center as supplementary information.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    aniedozie_chrisaniedozie_chris Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    U all have been of great help. I know nothing will stop me from passing this cert(CCNA) exam. Thanks
    Working on CCNA Cert