Options

outlook not printing to , from, subject fileds

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi I'm wondering if there is a better solution than the one I just found.

what is happennig is any emails that a user tries to print will not print unless open if in HTML format-- there is a error mesage asking you to open the message to print it

so when you open the message and try to print it it will prnit the body but not the to and from and subject fields

I looked around and the only work around i could find was to set outlook to read all messages in Plain Text.

I'm sure someonelse has noticed this the environment is exchange 2003 on server 200 Rc3 and the Cleint is using windows XP SP2 and Office 2003 Pro with oultook 2003

has anyone found a different or better workaround or a solution???

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does the same happen if you login to that machine with your account?

Anyone else getting this issue ?

Does it happen when this particular user logs into a different machine that doesn't have the issue?
  • Options
    it is not happning to any other users that I know about right now but we have very few users that actully print out their emails.

and it is not happening to me either.

it could be his machine though

I'll set up his account on my machine and test that
  • Options
    it works like it should on my machine and I have all my updates installed as well

I've already discarded customized seetings in oultook and reinstalled his printer drivers....we are using the same prniter as well

I'm sure it is just a setting that was modified but not sure where
  • Options
    Hey,

It points to being related to what you have set as the default editor in Outlook 2003. Found a few articles saying that you get problems printing headers, subject, to, from etc if you have MS Word set as the default editor.

Check the settings in

Tools | Options from the menu in Outlook.
    Click on the Mail Format tab.

There should be something along the lines of "Use Office 2003 as my default editor"

Couple of links on the subject, let me know how you get on:

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/94038/94038.html

"Many message-printing problems stem from the fact that Outlook 2003 has two editors and three message formats and uses Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) to render and print HTML-format messages. For instance, a draft message printed with Word as the editor will have no sender, recipient, or subject information. If you need that information on the printout, you must either turn off Word as the editor or wait and print the message after it's stored in the Sent Items folder"
    If you Google disable word as mail editor outlook 2003 you may see something I've missed.

Malc
  • Options
    thanks for the info the users problem is with emails in the sent times.... which should work

but since outlook uses IE to print in HTML format im' wondering if this user modified an IE setting

the msut be a way to rest IE to the defaults
  • Options
    You could just reinstall Outlook? and set IE back to defaults?
  • Options
    malcybood wrote:
    You could just reinstall Outlook? and set IE back to defaults?

I did discard te cutomsied settings for outlook I cna pull it out and reinstall it some time

and IE 7 has an option on the advanced tab to restroe the defualts

I might go down this road if I can't find mroe in the next day or 2