Options

More subnetting

zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
I know there have been questions asked about subnetting but I was just curious as I am not sure I have seen anyone post a program that you can download or a video that you can get and watch to go through the basics of subnetting up to the required level of proficiency that is needed to pass the ccna. I also am wanting to put this software if there is some on my lab computer as I am not able to download or watch anything on my production computer and it is the only machine at work that has an internet connection (I work in a secure government building and most everything is locked down). Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can go to www.learntosubnet.com for a tutorial

You can get computer generated subnetting questions from www.subnettingquestions.com

You can also find a "Freaky, futuristic training video for subnetting" on YouTube -- should be first hit on search for subnetting.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    cool. Thanks. How about good books for subnetting? I have the Sybex book but haven't got to the subnetting part yet. Is that a good reference?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Sybex book is worth the price just for the subnetting section. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Looks like I will be going to that chapter and doing some reading. Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    One focused reading of that chapter in the Sybex book and you'll be sorted, seriously.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    That is very good to hear. I was taking a practice test and the subnetting questions were definitely my weak sections.
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another paper that i used was called "seven steps to subnetting" put that in a yahoo search and it will come up. Its a web page that you can print out and study. Really helped me. I read different takes on subnetting from different places until it finally came together. After you get it, its like tying your shoes
    lungsucker.jpg