Options

Cisco's website.

Stan27Stan27 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am unable to access some parts of the Cisco website(such as error message support).
When I log in, I get:
You have logged in with registered guest level access.

Registered guest, what the hell?

I can't find anything on their site about how the system works, do I need to be "registered user" to read all of the support information?

Do I need to have a contract with them, or can I just email them asking about it?

How do you all get around their website?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stan27 wrote:
    Do I need to have a contract with them
    Yep -- they got special stuff just for paying customers.

You can search the Cisco site, and then select to cut the results down to just the technical stuff. Within the documentation, there will be user guides, white papers, hints, tips, tricks, design guides..... and also some frequently asked questions. Some of the common support questions from the paying customers do get written up and are accessible by the riff-raff. icon_lol.gif

Once in the technical sections of the site, there should be an icon next to links that indicate additional access is needed -- and that usually for customers and/or business partners.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Oh, I see. How many levels of access do they have?

Thanks.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stan27 wrote:
    How many levels of access do they have?
    Looks like 5 - Registered User | Direct Customer | PICA Customer | Partner & Reseller | CCIE
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I was on that page, but I completely forgot that I saw those... that means it's time to go to sleep...

Thanks again.