Options

Study Time

saladsalad Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Morning\Afternoon\Evening,

I have been working in a 2nd level support role in various company's for the past 6 years. I have signed up for my 70-270 Windows XP Professional exam which is in a months time and was curious to know, do you think this is enough time for me to study for the exam?

How long did you revise for a for how many hours per day?

Any help appreciated

Sorry if this has been done before but this is my first post on this forum.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That should be enough time since you have experience. I recommend using the MS Press books for all MS exams. Good Luck!

http://www.amazon.com/MCSA-MCSE-Self-Paced-Training-70-270/dp/0735621527/sr=1-1/qid=1169214928/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-3887008-0501252?ie=UTF8&s=books
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As sthomas said, you should be good to go given your experience. MSPress books are good. Also, check out Transcender and MeasureUp. Good luck!
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    johnnymac73johnnymac73 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I studied for 3 days only studying the practice test questions from [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR], transcender, and the MS book and passed today. I don't have a clue how because I actually scored a 700!!!!!! I would say with certainty that the [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]were useless. There were only about 4 out of 58 questions on their [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR] I'm off to study for the 70-290 next. Would you guys recommend the MS book? What do you think is the best place to really find prep material? Exam Cram or MeasureUp or something else?
  • Options
    5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    isn't the above site braindumping?
    Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
    -J.R.Purser
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Well, I studied for 3 days only studying the practice test questions from [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR], transcender, and the MS book and passed today. I don't have a clue how because I actually scored a 700!!!!!! I would say with certainty that the [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]were useless. There were only about 4 out of 58 questions on their [SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]". I'm off to study for the 70-290 next. Would you guys recommend the MS book? What do you think is the best place to really find prep material? Exam Cram or MeasureUp or something else?

That looks like very much like cheating to me, i think just about everybody here dislikes people that **** on exams, its pointless and will never get you anywhere what will happen when you need to do something that you was supposed to have learned in an exam in a real life situation its people like that who lower the value of certs.

Could an admin please remove the site links from his post.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tibul wrote:
    Could an admin please remove the site links from his post.

Done. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier guys. Feel free to PM me on stuff like that in the future.
    All things are possible, only believe.