Options

Free Open Source DVD Player free to distribute

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi there I refurbish and sell computers

Some of the computers I build come with DVD Players

I am basically looking for a DVD Player which i can use on these machines for sale

I have heard of VLC and Mplayer but because of liscense issues these are not free to distribute can anybody help me?

Many Thanks
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What OS are you selling with these boxes? Why do you need to provide any software other then what comes with the OS? Test the drive and as long as the drive functions, the end-user can be responsible for any software they'd like to install.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows Xp and sometimes Ubuntu

Obviously users will have difficult using package managment in regards to Linux

As for Windows we supply the pcs with dvd drives and customers complain when they cannot play dvds via media player lol

Although I always state that they have to download dvd playback software

any ideas?
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    ally_uk wrote:
    Obviously users will have difficult using package managment in regards to Linux

Show them the costs benefits of chucking Windoze out of the (dr. evil laugh mwahaha) Windows... Seriously. Show them the costs of maintaining Windows, their eventual degradation/upgrade into Vista and spend some time showing them the ins and outs of a favorable, easy to use *nix distro. It can actually work to your advantage if you get say five or six people to move from Windows after teaching them here and there. They'll tell their friends, etc., and perhaps you can corner a niche market for yourself if you like in a small town.... Call it crazy... People said it about Michael Dull/Dell
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius