Options

Confused

Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey people!!! First of all, I'd like to say THANKS to all of you for posting such informative and helpful posts. They helped me out greatly while studying for my A+ and Net+.

With those out of the way, I'm confused about which route to continue on with my studies. I'm thinking either Server+ or just starting the MCP with 70-210, Windows Pro. The thing is I'm a virgin to all this IT cert stuff. *LOL* I took the A+ & Net+ to start with as a "career change" kinda thing. Now I'm hooked. Both tests were easily passable without any real-world experience/hands-on and just basically reading the material.

What would you people recommend as the next test for a newbie with no real world work experience but a whole lot of time & interest? Or just quit while I'm ahead cuz it doesn't look any easier from here?

THANKS AGAIN
sorry if in wrong forum

Comments

• Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Well it looks like you're doing well on the CompTia track, so continue to the Server+ exam.

If you consider yourself a virgin, which is a bit funny. Ask yourself what part of the IT field you actually want to grow into.

MCP never hurts either, the first two exams are simple and straight forward.

Best of luck to you.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Cross. Gonna try for MCP with 70-210. I have this puter running 2000 pro now. Question is will that be enough for the exercises and hands-on? or do I have to invest in a "virtual lab" setup?
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    For the 210 exam, that will be sufficient enough. You might have to get another box(system) when you try for the 215 server exam. Best of luck to you
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com