Options

Upgrading from MCSA TO MCSE

NokwaziNokwazi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_confused.gif:
Which exams do you need to write to upgrade from MCSA 2003 TO MCSE 2003?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    There is no "upgrade" when you're talking about the same path. If you were an MCSA on 2000 Server, you'd only need to do 70-292 to upgrade to 2003, (but you'd still have to continue with the normal exams, as if though you were an MCSA on 2003, to start with, you couldn't just do 70-296 if you wanted to be an MCSE on 2003). If you were going from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003, then you could do 70-292 and 70-296, but not if you're an MCSA on Server 2003. Your only option is to complete your core exams, (70-293 and 70-294), as well as a design exam, (either 70-297 or 70-29icon_cool.gif. Also, if you've used A+ and Network+ for the elective towards your MCSA, you'll need to take another elective exam, or Security+. If you already did Security+ or one of the other MS elective exams, you'll only need the two additional core exams and the one design exam.

Take a look at the MCSE site for info on what exams you need.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    NokwaziNokwazi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry I meant what exams do i need to take to be an MCSE 2003 FROM MCSA 2003.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Slowhand wrote:
    Your only option is to complete your core exams, (70-293 and 70-294), as well as a design exam, (either 70-297 or 70-29icon_cool.gif. Also, if you've used A+ and Network+ for the elective towards your MCSA, you'll need to take another elective exam, or Security+. If you already did Security+ or one of the other MS elective exams, you'll only need the two additional core exams and the one design exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    Your only option is to complete your core exams, (70-293 and 70-294), as well as a design exam, (either 70-297 or 70-29icon_cool.gif. Also, if you've used A+ and Network+ for the elective towards your MCSA, you'll need to take another elective exam, or Security+. If you already did Security+ or one of the other MS elective exams, you'll only need the two additional core exams and the one design exam.

Yeah, but it was hard to see in your post.... icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif
    They say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. So consider my post sincere flattery. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you login to the MCP site, they show you what exam do you need based on your cert path.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn