a Flipping 678 yesterday

I really felt ready before I went in and thought I had passed when I ended the exam. I took a little over two hours, and I thought I had breezed through. I was very surpised that I failed.

DNS and network security were my weak areas. I nailed all the IP-subnetting stuff and RRAS.

I had three sims and I thought they were all simple.

I had I the most questions on DNS/Zones (way more than anything else), RRAS 2nd most and WSUS thrrd most. Only a "spinkling" or token few questions on IP and only two subnetting questions. Of course that will all change next time, I'm sure.

My own fault. I didn't work hard enough to prepare and I won't make that mistake again.

Using the MS press 291 training kit and exam cram. Going back next Wednesday.

DAMN!

Mr. Ye
"What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.

Comments

• davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude that sucks! So close! On the bright side, now you know what you need to brush up on so you can go back and kick it's @$$ next time. Good luck with it.

I'm getting ready to take the 291 next week and I'm still not sure I'm ready for it. I'm starting to think I'll never "feel" ready for it so I'm just going to say screw it and see how I do. lol

Oh yeah, and thanks for the run down and what you had on your test. I've been trying to hit the area's you discussed.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just study your weak points and take the test again in a couple of weeks.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    I'm sure you'll knock it out next time, so don't panick. I'm sitting this one tomorrow so I'll need all the luck I can get. :o
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    Then GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Then GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Thank you Sir. I should be able to pass it with all the luck you've bestowed upon me. Good Luck to you next time as well.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • catlococatloco Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're close to passing, but I would wait about 2 weeks. Sometimes you do better on tests, when you don't put pressure on yourself and just take it. I passed my 290 a week ago, so i'm giving myself two weeks to study for 291. I have work experience with 291, so this shouldn't be that hard for me.
    MCITP: SA, MCTS, MCSE 2003+S, CCA, MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+