Options

lcd monitors

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking for either a 19inch or 20inch widescreen monitor for my new computer build. I would like some suggestions on which are the best based on features and price. I am looking for one in black. thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I don't buy anything but ViewSonic, never had any problems with their monitors.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I saw a review on LCD's in Maximum PC a while back (less than a year) and I remember the Dell actually got the 2nd highest overall marks, but they recommended it as the "Best buy" as it was considerably cheaper than the one that got top marks. Dell's come in black.

Otherwise I think Samsungs come pretty highly rated too.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I saw a review on LCD's in Maximum PC a while back (less than a year) and I remember the Dell actually got the 2nd highest overall marks, but they recommended it as the "Best buy" as it was considerably cheaper than the one that got top marks. Dell's come in black.

One thing I've learned to do throughout my 24 years in the computing environment (I'm 33 first machine was an Adam (Coleco!) Fjear...) Anyhow, I barely trust reviews from Magazines or shows especially when the review in done for a product of one of the main sponsors... Too biased.

I use Dell's @ work because that's what corporate America has got suckered into. At home, I bought Dell laptops because they were dirt cheap and I got them via employer purchase discount. I have 4 laptops 3 Inspirons, 1 Latitude. Two Inspirons went back to Dell each two times for obnoxious problems. I've had memory replaced on all machines, two HD's replaced, one DVD/RW replaced within one year, one LCD went bonkers and the backlight just went out for no reason.... What does that say to me about Dell. (Mind you my machines are not abused in any way....) Desktops... I've seen tons of desktops go bad at work. Memory, hard drives, cdrom's, you name it. Servers.. Same. Would I spend another dime on Dell? Just as fast as I would take my paycheck and throw it in the fireplace for heat. Won't happen.

LG makes some nice models, I have an L1718S at home and it's done nothing but wonders for me. Works fine, never had any issues with it. It becomes a matter of preference... Do you want a name or do you want quality. Name? Stick with Dell. Quality? Anything BUT Dell... Just my opinion. On the other hand, if Dell were to pay me advertising fees, I would rave about how nice their (psst... Mr. Dell check signer... What exactly did you want me to rave about again? ... Oh yea) about how nice their well yea is...
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I like ViewSonics, but I also use Dell's.

So far no problems with either.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sexion8 wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

One thing I've learned to do throughout my 24 years in the computing environment (I'm 33 first machine was an Adam (Coleco!) Fjear...) Anyhow, I barely trust reviews from Magazines or shows especially when the review in done for a product of one of the main sponsors... Too biased.

Good point. Opinions from 4-5 strangers on the Internet are much better. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Plantwiz wrote:
    I like ViewSonics, but I also use Dell's.
    agreed.

LG & Samsung are also good...Acer has stylish wide screens at good prices if you're concerned about that.
    Jack of all trades, master of none