Options

Bad news for the ones who have taken 71-621 and 71-622

Comments

• Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks sooooo much for posting this!! :)

Really made my day! :D:D:D
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I guess instead of waiting 8 weeks, we're waiting 12 weeks to find out if we failed or not. I really wish MS has made up it's mind about this.

Oh well good luck to everyone waiting (including me)

-ken
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    it is my sixth week of waiting for my result.... icon_confused.gif

So it mean, that I should wait 6 week again... icon_evil.gif
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So we don't have to retake 71-621 if we have already taken it? icon_scratch.gif That is good news.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Even though the replies from MCP HelpDesk is encouraging but I will take the see and wait approach and see whether MCP HelpDesk's answer is more accurate than the one from Trika's Blog.
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    Hi to all 71-621 and 71-622 beta testers

Finally Trika comments and tell us the final decision that we all need to do the re-take of
    71-621 and 71-622 and of course the answer is totally contrary with the one from MCP HelpDesk.

See the thread at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/02/02/new-dates-for-vista-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#comments

Should we or someone here post some comments and let her know the replies from MCP HelpDesk.

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, we have to retake the beta exam because they forgot to add some questions about Microsoft Office? That makes perfect sense icon_rolleyes.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    I have re-visit the info of 70-621 Study Guide at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-621.mspx and it never mention we need to support Office Applications, so what is the point to add more Office questions for 71-621. This is ridiculous !!

• Options
    I would suggest that we post some of the MCP Helpdesk replies onto that blog site.
  • Options
    Hey Guys, I just got the reply from MCP HElpDesk

Hello Wing,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding exam 70-621, 70-622.

We are happy for your continued interest in Microsoft.

Candidates are notified by e-mail of the results of their beta exam a few days prior to the exam going live. If you have not received your score report within this timeframe please contact the testing company you tested with to have this resolved. You may contact us at MCPHelp@microsoft.com after you have received our e-mail notification to confirm your exam results.

If you pass both the beta exam 70-621 and 70-622 then you would not have to give the exam again.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Tripti
    MCPHelp@microsoft.com

• Options
    So, You get the same response as me :)

I don't understand what Trika is saying on her blog, it don't make sense.... icon_eek.gif

Im my opinion, I think that MCP HElpDesk is the most credible option!
  • Options
    Hey Guy's got my answer from the MCphelp guys, here's what they said to me:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Beta Exam 71-621.

We do appreciate the time and energy that goes in to testing and regret the inconvenience. However, you will receive a direct invitation to the retake the beta exam 71-621. In order to receive credit/a score for 71-621, you must re-register and re-take the exams and the scoring for the first beta will be thrown out. Beta exam 71-621 will release in the month of March.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

So I'm taking it as I have to re-take the exam, I'm still a bit puzzled as the different accounts/stories surrounding this exam icon_confused.gif:

-ken
  • Options
    What a mess!!! icon_confused.gif
    I don't understand them! They are changing like wind....... icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I give up...
  • Options
    (1) From Trika's Blog ---> Trika will contact MCP HelpDesk and find out what is going on.

(2) Got the email from MCP Flash Feb 2007 and it briefly mentions the releases of the Professional (MCITP) exams for the Windows Vista operating system will be delayed in order to ensure that they have adequate application support coverage. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. These exams will be released on May 15, 16, and 17, respectively.

Exam 70-620 will not be affected. Customers may continue to register for this exam.

Exam 70-624 is on track for a February 14 release.

(3) MCP from different getting contrast response from MCP HelpDesk.

• Options
    Just checked my home e-mails, here's a snippet from the MCP Flash e-mail:

Announcements
    For Your Information: Releases Delayed for Windows Vista Exams (Worldwide)
    The releases of the Professional (MCITP) exams for the Windows Vista operating system will be delayed in order to ensure that they have adequate application support coverage. These new certifications have generated a lot of excitement, and we apologize for the delay. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. These exams will be released on May 15, 16, and 17, respectively.
    • Exam 70-620 will not be affected. Customers may continue to register for this exam.
    • Exam 70-624 is on track for a February 14 release.

Still as clear as mud icon_lol.gif

-ken
  • Options
    Hi, Scuze me, but I'm french and I don't really understand he meaning of the Flash MCP email i just received too. icon_sad.gif It's the same email as your NinjaBoy.

So, will the 71-621 be cancelled? or only delayed ?
    And fo the 71-623 ?

Thanks or your answers... :)
  • Options
    Hello K

MCP Flash is an e-letter from Microsoft to all MCP (subscribed to this e-letter) each month. For the issue of February 2007, it stated that there will be delay regarding the Releases for Windows Vista Exams. The releases of the Professional (MCITP) exams for the Windows Vista operating system will be delayed in order to ensure that they have adequate application support coverage. These new certifications have generated a lot of excitement, and we apologize for the delay. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. These exams will be released on May 15, 16, and 17, respectively.

Exam 70-620 will not be affected. Customers may continue to register for this exam.

Exam 70-624 is on track for a February 14 release.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    It does not say that they will have to be retaken..... It states that they are delaying the beta. I've forwarded the newsletter to the MCP Helpdesk and asked them what on earth is going on.
  • Options
    good luck getting a straight answer...
  • Options
    So far it looks like even MS don't really know what happening :)

To be on the safe side, I'm already re-studying the Vista material.

-Ken

p.s. I think I'll start Cisco next
  • Options
    SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anybody know when we are suppose to get the invitation email?
  • Options
    I believe sometime in March, we will then have a 72 hour window to register otherwise we forefit the exam and the place that was set aside for us will be open for grabs.

-Ken
  • Options
    Hi guys

One fellow called "Jeff" post a very good comment and says MS is wrong and DON'T GIVE UP and post postive feedback to support him.

His thread is at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/02/02/new-dates-for-vista-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#1647767

I will go ahead to do it first.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Some News on the MCP Magazine Online look for the link below

http://mcpmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=1212 icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    I've posted to trika's blog asking that we atleast get our score reports so we can see how we did on the first one.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes, i just got this email in my box!!! :D

I'm so Happy, so, we can retake if we want, the 621 and 623 for me!!
    And they give us a bonus voucher to take eihter 620, 621, 622, 623 or 624 !! icon_eek.gif

It's fatastic !! Thanks to microsoft !!!