Options

Bad news for the ones who have taken 71-621 and 71-622

13»

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Just checked my e-mails, yep got it :)

MS has up'ed my views on them now, a free £88 (+VAT) voucher for any Vista exam. So if you pass the MCITP Enterprise Support Tech, really the only other Vista exam you need to do is the MCITP Consumer Support Tech. However if you fail the exam you have a choice of 4 exams.

An apology was nice, a voucher and apology is better :)

-Ken
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fantastic news!!! So who here is going to retake 71-621? and whos going to stay with the first beta result? :)

I'm probably going to stick with the First as I "think" that I scored fairly highly.
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    I think i'm going to retake the 71-621 cause, I'll increase my chance of getting a better score. They says :

the final scoring model will be based on the re-engineered exams....ou are not obligated to re-take the beta, but choosing to do so may increase your chances of a passing result on the final scoring model, which will include additional components.

So, I think it's better to retake it, and after All, it's a challenge, if I fail, I'll retake it for free. :D
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm gonna stick with my first one. If I failed, I'll get to take the final for free...

I don't see why it matters how they score it. If you got a question right, you got it right regardless of the scoring scheme.
  • Options
    Yes, but if they considere that our firts exam make only 80% of the requierement, it'll be better to retake it.

For exemple, you get a score of 800/1000 in the first exam you pass, but they say that they will recalcultate our score based on the new beta, so if they increase the requierement, your 800/1000 can becom a 600/1000 cause, they will considere that you get 0/200 on the office question.

It's just an example.. icon_eek.gif:o
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a sneaking suspicion that who ever doesn't take the second will fail regardless of the first score.

besides... I'm putting all my effort into 291 right now (scheduled for the 21st).

So I'll use my free voucher when there's some study material out for it.
  • Options
    Sorry I forgot to say that I'll be resitting the beta icon_redface.gif

If I fail the second exam then I use the free voucher to resit it again, however if I pass then I'll use the free voucher to sit the MCITP: Consumer Supprt Tech.

Let's face it if you pass the 70-621, there's no point doing the 70-620, 70-622 and I believe the 70-624, the only exam left is the 70-623 (the Consumer exam), as the free voucher will only be valid for a vista exam.

-Ken
  • Options
    Yes, but why not, take the beta 71-623 too? :o

I'm going to resit to the 71-621, and also to take the 71-623 in beta.
    If i succed i'll use my free voucher to pass 71-624 (but I don't really care about).
    But if I fail, I'll use my voucher to resit either the 71-621 or 71-623.
  • Options
    I'm looking for the 71-622 Beta promo code....registration have begining the 09 march.
    It can be a good training before retake the 71-621.

So, if someone hear me.... :P
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got confirmation from Microsoft... so MLS is planning to send the invites out on Monday.

Here's what was confirmed: Prometric will NOT be accepting online registrations for 621 and 622 from re-takers. If you are with Prometric, you will need to register by phone
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    where in the email does it state that Prometric will not take online registration????

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The info is from Trika's Blog !!!!
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Yeah just read the info.... Damn prometric too lazy to clear the record of the old 71-621 off our transcripts........

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got the invite.... Great my Vue centre is FULLY booked up during the beta peroid....
  • Options
    Booked my resit of the 71-621 for the last day, the 12 of April. Hope that I pass, but am looking forward to claiming my free exam voucher :)

-Ken