Options

Passed Today !!!

pjrousepjrouse Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-210 today but it was MUCH harder than I expected and a lot of the Q's were on very specific details that certainly weren't emphasised in any of the books I used:

MS Press - Win 2K Readiness Review
MS Press - Windows 2000 70-210
Mike Myers - Certification Passport

Know your unnattended text files and language settings as well as OU and group policy etc.

Well at least it's over !

Time for A+ now I think - how does that compare - easier or harder ?

Paul
VCP5-DCV
MCSE Server 2012
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator - Server 2008
Network+

Comments

• Options
    wolflord97wolflord97 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! That's really one thing out of the way. I am going to be taking 70-270 (WinXP) soon. A+ compared to MS certs should be much easier. Good luck with A+!!!

Ching
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    I just took my A+ and from what I have heard, A+ is far easier than 70-210. Good luck though! Which book are you going to use?
  • Options
    can u recommend any books ???
    VCP5-DCV
    MCSE Server 2012
    Network+
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!

hopefully i have some good news of my own in the near future

how many questions are there?
  • Options
    tahjzhuan wrote:
    congrats!

hopefully i have some good news of my own in the near future

how many questions are there?

60 Q's
    VCP5-DCV
    MCSE Server 2012
    Network+
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Congrats and good luck on the A+. I would say that the comptia exams are easier but they are in the "Comptia format" as oppose to the "MS format". You'll get use to both as you take more tests and understand more of what I mean.
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh my god. I've taken both tests. Each A+ test took me 5 minutes to complete. The questions are very very very easy compared to 70-210. In 70-210 (as you know) the questions are 5-10 sentances each and you have to read them about 3 times to make sure you understand what they're asking. A+ is mostly 1 or 2 sentence questions with very short, obvious answers.

If you can pass 70-210 you can most likely pass A+ (esp software) without any further review (i recommend memorizing the 0-15 IRQs and knowing that 2 & 9 cascade together.)

I really just laughed out loud just now thinking about how anyone who just passed 70-210 can view A+ as anything but a annoying little insect of a test. Its kinda like worrying about Net+ after you just passed your CCNA.
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    pjrouse wrote:
    can u recommend any books ???

Sorry for the delay in the answer here. I just used the Mike Meyers All-In-One. The test was prety easy! You should not have any problems with it!