Options

Just took Network+ test

tomisantomisan Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got done taking the test and I unfortunately got a 516 on it, UGH!!!

I studied for a few weeks from Practice Exams and other free materials I could find aong with a Netwrok+ Book but just couldn't do it.

I happened upon this site and have registered. I hope the information everyone is contributing will help with the my next try. After I get this one I will be off to my A+ tries.

I'm an RCDD and I understand the Media and Topolgies like the back of my hand. I was also an installer for years so the Physical Layer questions were a breeze. Where the test got me was on the senario's.

I haven't really looked through the site that much yet but any hints to remembering the purposes, functions and features of various protocols? this area kicked me pretty good.

Thanks for any input.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, if you check out the technotes section, there's some real good info there. That's what I've been using so far, along with a book and classes.
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should download the exam objectives from comptia's website in order to know what to expect from the exam and find a good book, such as Mike Meyers Network+ Passport. I've been reading it for several days now and it's been an easy read so far.
  • Options
    mastercorm wrote:
    yea, if you check out the technotes section, there's some real good info there. That's what I've been using so far, along with a book and classes.

I jsut down loaded the Tech Notes. they look pretty good. Thanks.
  • Options
    BookFella wrote:
    You should download the exam objectives from comptia's website in order to know what to expect from the exam and find a good book, such as Mike Meyers Network+ Passport. I've been reading it for several days now and it's been an easy read so far.

I used a Book called "Enhanced Network+ Guide to networks" by Tamara Dean. It was from a class I took a few years ago but never took the test. I guess I should of while it was fresh in my memory.

I'll take a look at your suggestions. Thanks.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I used Mike Meyers' Network+ Passport and the TechNotes from this site, and scored very high on the test. Good luck with your next try!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you did not pass. I used Mike Meyers and Exam Cram for my A+ and Network+ and it served me very well. I would suggest getting a Mike Meyers book at minimum for the Network+ and fully reading it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Good luck on your next try! You won't need it though!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks