Options

I'm a CCNA!!!! 936 baby!

Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, took the plunge today and passed the beast with a 936.

Man, I have to say I was sweating bullets on a good many of the questions, not because they were hard...but because even the basic questions made you really think.

My advice for others:

Above all else, know your subnetting, access lists, and watch the clock!!!! I answered my last question with 8 seconds left. I know I spent way too much time on some questions, but some were tough.

I didnt' get the simulations until the last 6 questions, and they were back to back. I had about 20 mins on the last 10 questions, and it took all that time thanks to the simulations. The sims were easy, just be sure you can ping to make sure you set everything up. By the way, the no shutdown command had no effect on the router sim when I had to configure something with the interfaces.

Before the test you take a survey, take this time to write down your subnetting tools and the powers of 2 so you can identify subnetting requirements.

Many questions that were not subnetting related still required to know network and host addressing.

Areas I was tested on:

1. Differences in bridging switching
2. Access-lists, configuring, viewing
3. Did I mention subnetting?
4. Frame Relay commands, LMI, encapsulations
5. cdp settings/commands
6. Characteristics of VLANs
7. This ping didn't work or connection doesn't work, what's wrong?
8. Subnet mask (network planning)
9. Configuring RIP
10. Configuring interfaces (which also involved knowing your subnetting)
11. Couple of show commands
12. Basic of ISDN, bandwith, reference groups
13. You wanna view "X", what command do you use.

Along with what others were saying...no IPX, had only one question on OSI, and nothing on PPP, which suprised me. While reading through the exam tutorial, they mentioned that certain questions didn't count toward the score...I found that weird.

I did run into questions on stuff that I didn't expect, I probably guessed at a couple. It was also very helpful to eliminate what you know is wrong, it's important because even the "gimmies" tried to trip you up.

Leave no stone unturned when studying and be sure to read the questions twice and the answers twice, don't click away!

Thanks Webmaster for providing this forum and the tutorials, this website is becoming my second home. Thanks to my lovely wife for staying up late with me Saturday and drilling it into my head, she even made noises like the family fued X when I would miss one. She also put up with my crankiness for weeks on end, and was glad I passed...she told her mom and dad she may have to sleep over with them if I failed....

After the moment of victory!!!

ccna.JPG[/u]
Todd Baugh
Aspiring Network Tech

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations Todd! :D And a well deserved score icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    joseomjrjoseomjr Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Did you take the 640-607 or 640-801. I failed mine this past thursday with a 809. Wish someone would of told me about celticrover.com because their practice test was almost identical to the test I took. We'll see how I do in two weeks or so when I give it another shot. Again congrats!!
  • Options
    Todd1225Todd1225 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the 640-607, like I said...there were few read the question and nail the answer. They all pretty much required reasoning while choosing the answer. Thanks for the congratulations fellas!!!
    Todd Baugh
    Aspiring Network Tech
  • Options
    akc6991akc6991 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif:D Congradulations Todd
  • Options
    CypunkCypunk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done, mate!
  • Options
    jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woo! Party time! :P
  • Options
    techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job Todd! You're the man!
    information belongs to the public! hack the planet!