Options

Quick question- CCNA Beginner

mdv3kmdv3k Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering what happens if you fail the first to pass the test.

If you want to take it again , do you have to pay for this?
do you also have to re take the same test after 180 days before you get your certification?

Also , what do you think about the CCNA Testout course?

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Working on CCNA!

Comments

• Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes you have to pay it again so study all you can :P

And no you might have a different Test.... i think that because i did the EXam and a friend of mine did it also and she had different questions so i bealive there is a pool of questions which are picked randomly (this is if you retaking the exam because you didnt pass)

About the Test out course no idea
  • Options
    mdv3kmdv3k Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you have to pay it again so study all you can :P

And no you might have a different Test.... i think that because i did the EXam and a friend of mine did it also and she had different questions so i bealive there is a pool of questions which are picked randomly (this is if you retaking the exam because you didnt pass)

About the Test out course no idea

Thanks for the reply nightshade!

Now It says on the Cisco webpage that if you retake the test, you have to retake the same test after 180 days after you passed it.
    I am wondering if this is because you failed the first time, or i am just misunderstanding what i ve just read.

Another question!

I am mainly studying from Testout, which has a network sim incorporated, and a book.

I can't afford a cisco router or switch now, so do you think with a network sim such as boson's will do for the CCNA test?

Thanks again!

Martin
    Working on CCNA!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From the Cisco Certification Exam Policy page:
    Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.

Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.

Once you pass, you're certified for 3 years... but don't wait until the last minute to re-certify.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    The problem with the net sim of boson is that it has some bugs... i used it for learning but i got notice of these bugs, the good thing is that is really easy to use...

Google for Dynamips.
    Follow tutorial
    http://dyna-gen.sourceforge.net/tutorial.htm

Ppl says that is its a really good router simulator a way better than boson... i ve never use d... the only simulators i used were boson net sim and packet tracer which have some bugs... :/ but they still help you to practice most of the stuff....
  • Options
    emmajoyceemmajoyce Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you use the dynagen, you have to also have a cisco IOS. Also dynamips. thats assuming your using windows. I never could get mine to work. dont know what was wrong. good luck
    lungsucker.jpg
  • Options
    This is another tutorial of how to make it work

http://rapidshare.com/files/13228780/Dynamips.doc.html

You will need a valid IOS the one I use in the guide is c7200-ik9s-mz.122-15.T17.bin