Options

Disable certian domain user logins on an XP box..?

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I was curious if there was an easy way to disallow local logins for domain accounts on a specific box...

IE: I only want 1 domain account username/password capable of logging into a windows xp pro specific box.

Comments

• Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I am using GPO right now and added all the user accounts that I saw in the DC besides the 1 account that I want to use in disable logon locally setting currently....

It works, but if someone was ever to add another employee they could login to the box in the future.

Any easy way would be appreciated.

So far I have...

Domain users denied
    Domain power users denied
    all Groups Denied.

Basically only Domain Administrators.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In Active Directory, allow yourself to view the security permissions, then go to that computer account, go to its properties, go to the security permissions, and only allow the specific user you want to be able to use that computer account.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Or you can apply a GPO that disallows the doman users local logon, but then go to the GPO security settings and set it to deny for the one account you want to allow local logon. This says "do not apply this GPO to this user".
    All things are possible, only believe.