Options

Possible Cisco interview.... need advise.

mtbcyclistmtbcyclist Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
I may have an interview coming up with Cisco. It looks like its for a job testing new and upcoming products and technologies. I say "looks" as I am not exactly sure the specifics since I have a friend trying to get me in the door over there.

That being said how would you prepare for this? I am treating it like a final exam and am going though all my CCNA & CCNP & and CCIP (stuff I have learned thus far as I am not CCIP yet) stuff that I have. Also looking at general networking stuff I have done over the last few years and reviewing it.

Anbody ever been though a Cisco interview and if so care to share your experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    That being said how would you prepare for this? I am treating it like a final exam and am going though all my CCNA & CCNP & and CCIP (stuff I have learned thus far as I am not CCIP yet) stuff that I have. Also looking at general networking stuff I have done over the last few years and reviewing it.

That all sounds good, but don't forget your "soft" skills. You know, interview do's and don'ts. If you have time, pick up the audio book verion of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Play it while you drive. You'll be surprised at how your "people skills" will improve and how that will help you on any interview.
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    Anbody ever been though a Cisco interview and if so care to share your experience?

Sorry, no. But good luck to you! icon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Good suggestion sprkymrk. I am actually a graduate of Dale Carnegie. Took it about 10 years ago and recommend it for anybody. Reminds me I may skim his book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" as I own that from the class.

Anybody else been put thought the cisco interview grinder. I actually talked to the hiring manager the other day. As soon as the position gets approved he said he would call me.

:D
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    I am actually a graduate of Dale Carnegie. Took it about 10 years ago and recommend it for anybody.

Same here, but I took it about 4 years ago. I would love to go back again and refresh those skills. Good luck on the awaited call back!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    I too would love to do the class over. I don't have that much free time with work, cisco studies and an 9 month old son at home.

I did get an interview setup. If I don't hear from anybody I will post up my results just to give anybody else the heads up down the road. Who knows this thread may help somebody else as well.