Options

Exam set for tomorrow.

scullersculler Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

My 290 exam is set for tomorrow. Any suggestions on the types of simulation questions I might see?

Any suggestions on a strategy for successfully completing the simulations?

Thanks
Sculler
Do Good Work, Keep In touch, Have fun.

Comments

• Options
    -EOS--EOS- Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how you make out.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Well, it's been a while since I tried, but the sims were not a great thing to worry about. I only had 4 of them. Just load up a copy of the Server 2k3 evaluation version, and run through some of the features--group policy, DHCP/DNS config steps, etc. What you get depends on the luck of the draw.

You will have a lot more scenario based multiple-choice questions, but, if I remember, you have about 3 hours to complete the thing. So, take your time and read very carefully. If you get hung-up on one, mark it for later and go back to it when you get everything else answered.

And, Relax! Just sit back in your own little world and solve the problems just like you're at work, and relax. It's all fun! And, it just may make you a few bucks along the way later!

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    sculler wrote:
    Any suggestions on the types of simulation questions I might see?
    Just about anything is fair game, but I would suggest that you know how to set sharing and NTFS permissions, configure user accounts in AD, change group types and scopes in AD, configure backups, and configure IIS security options.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Good luck!

Make sure to know permisions, group scopes and backups for sure. Remember that SUS is slowly being replaced with WSUS.

I'm sitting this exam next week so let us know how it went.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Sims are the easy part of the exam.
    Don't let them confuse you when they ask you to change 3 or 4 settings. Take them one at a time.
    Always check the specifics of the question vs. what you changed in order to double-check whether you met all of the requirements of the question before you move on to the next question. Some people don't check their work.
    Good luck!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.