Options

70-270 Cert Question

Blang008Blang008 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone here had started their certification career with 70-270. I have two degrees in IS and am working with cisco routers and switches, and sometimes troubleshooting computers with xp. I took all the classes in college that help you with A+ and Network+ but never took the exams. Just wondering if it is wise to take 70-270 then maybe Network +?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're unsure about what you want to do, I'd say your first stop should be the bookstore. Browse through the 70-270 books, the Network+ books, and from what you're telling us, you might want to look at the CCNA books as well. Figure out what your skill level is, where you want to go, and also take a look at the topics covered by each exam:

70-270

Network+

CCNA

Take a look at each and figure out which one will suit you, and which one touches on things you want to work with. Given, you may end up obtaining CCNA, MCSE, Network+, etc. . . in the years to come, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Blang008Blang008 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your response. I have already been studying for 70-270 and reading posts and everyone says you need to start with A+ or Net+. Just got me a little nervous.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I understand the feeling. The reason people say to start with A+ and Net+ is because those two certs give the basics for pc technology and networking. They're generally geared towards people with little or no practical experience in the field. If you've been taking MCSE-geared courses and worked with Cisco equipment, it's pretty safe to say that you're probably not at the level of someone just starting out. While you could probably get something out of A+, and maybe even Network+, I'd say stick with the MCSE courses (70-270, 70-290, etc. . .) and then maybe think about looking into Cisco certs, like CCNA.

Good luck on the 70-270. Let us know how it goes, and what you plan on doing next.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.