Options

scratches on my case

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have gotten some scratches on my computer case and was wondering if anyone knew of a product to get rid of them? thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sup,

Can't say I've ever tryed it on a case before - But brasso seems to work magic on scratched things - just put a little bit on a rag or somthing with a soft surface and scrub like theres no tomorrow!

Worth a shot.

-Chapt3r
    Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
    -J.R.Purser
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    skives wrote:
    I have gotten some scratches on my computer case and was wondering if anyone knew of a product to get rid of them? thanks for the help.

What type of 'case'? Something like A MacBook? Or like a Dell?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    it is a black thermaltake case.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Chapt3r:4 wrote:
    Sup,

Can't say I've ever tryed it on a case before - But brasso seems to work magic on scratched things - just put a little bit on a rag or somthing with a soft surface and scrub like theres no tomorrow!

Worth a shot.

-Chapt3r
    If you use Brasso, you'd better be prepared to do the whole case and not just the scratched area.
  • Options
    forbesl wrote:
    Sup,

Worth a shot.

-Chapt3r
    If you use Brasso, you'd better be prepared to do the whole case and not just the scratched area.

Why is that?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    skives wrote:
    forbesl wrote:
    Sup,

Worth a shot.

-Chapt3r

Why is that?

If you don't want the area to stand out, do the whole case. And do a few scratches really matter...just a question....it is just a case....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    pbradishpbradish Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's too bad... scratches on a black case stick out like a sore thumb icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricka182 wrote:
    skives wrote:
    forbesl wrote:
    Sup,

Worth a shot.

-Chapt3r

Why is that?

If you don't want the area to stand out, do the whole case. And do a few scratches really matter...just a question....it is just a case....

It's like cleaning a carpet...if you treat just the spot, then the spot area looks better then the whole room. (or repairing a painted wall, etc..). So you'll be better off leaving it or doing at least the whole side that's scratched.

Otherwise, try a skin:
    http://www.skinit.com/
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?