Options

I'm nervous ...

shadow1480shadow1480 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I stumbled onto this website about 2 hours before my A+ Core exam. If I knew about it before, I guarantee I would pass. I scored a 509! That isnt what bugs me. What bugs me is that I went to change an answer, and i changed a right for a wrong! At least 2 times I did that! I already passed my OS portion, and this is all Im waiting on.

I have every TechNote on this website printed out, and I am studying them non-stop (even though I could study more.) My next test is on the 16th of this month. Anyone know where I can get some practice exams that are free (besides the one on this website)? I already have Course Technology and Cert Blaster, but I need more.

If anyone reads this, thanks for letting me vent. It sucks when I am struggling like this, and no one around me can relate. Im the only one I know of around here going for my A+. Thanks for the website, and I will be certified like you all on the 16th!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations on your first 1/2 of your A+.

Feel free to vent when needed and if you have questions on specific topics post them in the forum :)

Good luck on the 16th!!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I am buying two books:

A+ Certification Study Guide by Michael Pastore (2003) &
    A+ Certification by Michael Meyers (2002)

Do you think these are good books? I've heard a lot about the Meyers book. Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    in my opinion the michael meyers book is a bible for the a+, and if you get the all in one version it comes with a practice exam cd-rom

good luck on the 16th, let us know how you get on
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    shadow1480 wrote:
    I am buying two books:

A+ Certification Study Guide by Michael Pastore (2003) &
    A+ Certification by Michael Meyers (2002)

Do you think these are good books? I've heard a lot about the Meyers book. Thanks for your input!

Well, I think you can find a more recent copy of Meyer's book, but I'd recommend any generation of Meyer's A+. Michael Pastore....I've only glanced at the book in a store one time, I wasn't overly impressed, but it doesn't mean it is not a good book. 2 sources are ALWAYS better then 1 source (provided they are good sources ;) ).

I don't know you'll get 'bad' info from the Pastore book, but I've like Meyer's style, so it's almost like a Coke vs. Pep$i thing....IF I bother to drink soda today (rarely do)...I'll go for Coke brand products and avoid Pep$i.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wish you the best
    Jedi never stop training......
  • Options
    I have another question. I passed my OS part in October. Is there a expiration period? If I pass on the 16th, then it took me almost 4 months to pass both. i think im good, but you guys know more than me. thanks!
  • Options
    You'll want to check your profile history with Comptia. I am pretty sure you have 90 days to pass both exams to be considered 'Certified". The certification doesn't expire, but the two exams did need to be completed in a timely fashion.

If it was 4 months between exams, I'd look at your profile and see how it records your exams. Maybe they've extended it?
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    Ok. I went onto their website and this is what I found.

Q: To earn my CompTIA A+ credential, do I need to pass the two exams within a specified number of days?

Answer:
    No, there is no specified number of days within which you must pass the CompTIA A+ exams

I think that means Im good. And I hope so because I think I just had a heart attack!
  • Options
    shadow1480 wrote:
    Ok. I went onto their website and this is what I found.

Q: To earn my CompTIA A+ credential, do I need to pass the two exams within a specified number of days?

Answer:
    No, there is no specified number of days within which you must pass the CompTIA A+ exams

I think that means Im good. And I hope so because I think I just had a heart attack!

Interesting. Well, good for you!

(going to check this out, as I wonder if this applies to the new objectives or the old too).
    Plantwiz
    _____