Options

backup solution?

nel636nel636 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

i need to backup several folders in different areas of a NAS and them burn them to disk which can be scripted to run automatically. Does anyone know of any freeware that can do this?

at the mo i have commandburner but it can only do one location and job at a time?

any help would be great.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    nel636nel636 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    forgot to add, it must be on a windows platform but linux suggestions i would be greatful to hear because most importantly it has to be free!
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    nel636 wrote:
    Hi,

i need to backup several folders in different areas of a NAS and them burn them to disk which can be scripted to run automatically. Does anyone know of any freeware that can do this?

at the mo i have commandburner but it can only do one location and job at a time?

any help would be great.

cheers

ntbackup is free and can be scheduled. you may be able to schedule a burn job but I dont know for sure.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Look into Acronis product line. Otherwise, Veritas (now Symantec) product does well.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your company isn't willing to spend money on recovery of these folders, the data must not be very important...

Anywho, it shouldn't be that hard to do something like a script using xcopy all of those files to one location, then run whatever it is that you use currently to burn to disc.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really, unless you have a nice automated way to swap out the CDR's there isn't too much reason to script that part. Otherwise this is a free cd burning software product that will burn from the command line, which should make scripting it pretty simple.

http://www.nch.com.au/burn/
    All things are possible, only believe.