Options

Passed today - 885

davetuckdavetuck Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed this morning with 885, it was my second attempt.

I began studying at the end of October, failed it in late December, then resumed study after the Xmas period, so about 3 months of part-time study.

I wrote a lengthy thread last time about what I thought of the exam etc and todays was much the same kind of thing.

The only thing I did to improve my score was get more hands-on time in the lab, I was able to complete the sims much quicker than last time, because the syntax was drilled in.

Nothing compares to real equipment for making sure you're prepared!

Thanks to everyone here for their help, and good luck to all who are pursuing - all the study is worth it in the end!

Now to add to my 1 MCP and go for the MCSE!

Dave

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulation! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    davetuck wrote:
    Passed this morning with 885, it was my second attempt.

I began studying at the end of October, failed it in late December, then resumed study after the Xmas period, so about 3 months of part-time study.

I wrote a lengthy thread last time about what I thought of the exam etc and todays was much the same kind of thing.

The only thing I did to improve my score was get more hands-on time in the lab, I was able to complete the sims much quicker than last time, because the syntax was drilled in.

Nothing compares to real equipment for making sure you're prepared!

Thanks to everyone here for their help, and good luck to all who are pursuing - all the study is worth it in the end!

Now to add to my 1 MCP and go for the MCSE!

Dave

I'm currently in my junior college's CCNA track, so what can you tell me about router commands that I would need for the certification? How extensive are they? I'm supposed to have the option to take "part I", i.e. the first half, of the CCNA test after I complete CCNA I and II; then I take CCNA III and IV and take the second half. So I'm wondering how much I'll need to know for that first test. I know you can't know that, really, but I'm definitely doing some independent studying.

Best of luck to you! Maybe you'll drop in here sometime after you've become a CCIE.
  • Options
    davetuckdavetuck Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need to have a look at the exam topics on the Cisco website, thats basically what you need to know. You have to know the commands to implement and troubleshoot the stuff in that list.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html

Sounds like you're doing Intro and ICND exams, I just took the single exam, so dont know how its split.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congrats ! Keep it up !
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    jeanassejeanasse Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□