Hardware.

mzgavcmzgavc Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Cisco Kits has the 1901 switch and 2503 routers as the kit..

But i'm reading that they're no longer supported... are they still good study tools, or has the exam gone beyond the scope of the above noted equipment?

I've been heavily weighing doing the CCNA exam and have been playing with some simulators as of right now but would like to get my hands on some actual equipment...

Can someone guide me in the right direction in what equipment that i SHOULD order that is on scope with the current CCNA exam?

Budget for equipment is about $800-1000.

Thanks,

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    have you read this thread yet?
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268

I'm preparing for CCNA also, and I think for the scope of CCNA ONLY...this quote applies quite nicely:
    you can do alot with just 1 router
    you can do alot more with only 2 routers
    you can do ALOT more than you think with three routers

Having said that...it's been suggested and recommended here and other places that with 2 routers + a switch (non 19xx switches), you have got a nice setup for CCNA...if you plan to go further..I'll let someone more cisco-fluent to comment.

cheers~
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • mzgavcmzgavc Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey thanks for the heads up on that post.

I've kinda been in and out of that post looking for things, but from what I'm seeing most people Sim it up for the CCNA and then buy for the CCNP.

I was hoping to move from my CCNA into the CCNP stream shortly afterwards.

Then again... now that I think about this, the first step should be doing the research, and not hounding people for easy answers.

So my bad :)