Options

Passed CCDA!

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
:D Wow.. heh heh :D YESS!

I was absolutely sure i'd fail but luck was on my side today! Thank you guys for your support and help :)

mikej, when you said there'll be questions about VoIP you weren't kidding, that's for sure!
I was surprised..

It's been a long rough day.. icon_cyclops_ani.gif
Now i need to sleeping.gif and recover from being anxious all morning long! Couple days of rest and then moving to BSCI icon_study.gif
icon_cheers.gificon_jokercolor.gificon_cheers.gif
I DID IT I DID IT!!!!
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

The DESGN exam is one that is a lot more fun to look back at then it is to look forward too! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    NetworkGod - congrats on the pass.

I was reading your post on the CCDA Cisco Press by Diane Teare. Is that the first edition? I was looking at picking it up, but I just wanted to make sure that it's the up-to-date version. How would you grade the book on preparing you for the exam?

Lastly - how much time did you put into your CCDA studies compared to your CCNA studies? In a couple of months I'll be finishing my MCSA and then I want to get back to my familiar Cisco territory and bang out the CCDA before moving on to the CCNP.

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    Thank you gentlemen!

I started studying CCDA about 2 months ago, i have used the first edition of CCDA book by Diane Teare, francly i don't think there's a second one? Is there?
    The book is great, covers a good ammount of VoIP, IPv6, QoS which're crucial to know when taking the exam i figured.
    I give the book 5 stars, BUT there are links in the book, you better check them out and read through them carefully!

(")_(")domination.

- 70-270 -
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Ya - there's only one edition. Whenever I see a book with "First Edition" I all the sudden get the feeling there must be a second edition floating around somewhere. And all I need is to be reading a book on IPX, and Appletalk and missing out on new topics :D

I already ordered Teare's book from Amazon - so all I need to do now is finish up 70-291 so I can start on the CCDA - thanks for the info!
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congrats !

Good luck for your BSCI !
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Thanks guys, i appreciate it!

(")_(")domination.

- 70-270 -
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey a few days late but congrats on the pass! Good luck on the next one! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    A belated congrats, NetworkGod!
    drunken_smilie.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later