I can't view the Boson Labs!!

yaseenburtyaseenburt Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is driving me nuts. i am trying to view the boson netsim labs before actually doing it but when i click on view lab nothing happens.

i assume that viewing the lab show you the commands you need to type and then loading it will give you the chance to do the actuakl lab and then grade it. i have searched the netsim site but cannot find any info on the FAQ ior support on this issue. anyone out there know what to do?

Cheers icon_cry.gif

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Normally, the "View Lab" button brings up a PDF file for me, which shows the instructions or descriptions for the current lab. Do you have Acrobat Reader installed?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recomend you to start using from now Dynamips simulator.... this simulator owns any other, it hard to use but all commands are avalible to use.
  • yaseenburtyaseenburt Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes i do have adobe installed. wheni click nothing happens. i am sorta buggered without the ability to view what i need to do before actually practising it. icon_cry.gif
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Not really.

The labs are pretty basic for CCNA and you can easily get the commands from a book. It might actually be better to read up and find out the command procedures to set up interfaces, vlans, etc. rather than just typing them in from a pdf verbatim. That's not going to teach you anything.

You can also build your own netmaps and load them into the simulator and configure them.

They really are pretty basic labs included in the package. They are just there to get you started and then you go on from there.

With ever more people recomending dynamips, I am going to have to investigate that myself. I have had some issues with Bosun.
    Kam.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Boson is what it is: it's a low-price simulator that gives you some scenarios to do. The PDF only gives you "set up a network like this" kinds of labs, and it's up to you to read whatever book is supposed to be sold with the software and figure out what the commands are. There are better labs, and real equipment is always better than that. For the availability of the Boson labs and the price most of us paid, it's really just something to start with and give you a chance to run some actual commands.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those sims are full of bugs... thats why i said he should start using Dynamips instead that
    For example

Netsim of boson you cant do default gateway on switch.... wtf... well you can do it but the command doesnt work, when you check it in the sh run its not there... You also get problems with access list....i coudlnt practice my access list on there... just pretty basic ones...

On packet tracer well nothing too much to say about this one... just rip and eigrp avalalible...

On both not all commands available, also sometimes weird things happens. Im telling this cause i have tried them all and dynamips have won for miles.

Dynamips all commands available everything works and you an set up a network. You just need to configure it for it on the dynagen work file.

I guess if you just want to practice really BASIC stuff netsim is fine... But there were many things even when i was practicing for CCNA i couldnt do on netsim...