Options

Exam next week

I'm sitting this exam next Wednesday! I have a couple chapters left in the MS press book and a couple more labs to do... After that I have practice tests from the MS press book and the quiz program that came with the studyexam4less rollover package. I hope that will be enough... This is a big one for me.

Any tips? It seems from what I've read in other threads that I can expect a fair amount of DNS and GPO questions.... This concerns me a little because it seem like the MS Press book didn't go that far in depth on a lot of things.... I read the DNS chapter last night and did the labs and thought to myself that there had to be more to expect on the real exam than what was covered from what I did last night.

Anyway, Wish me luck everyone! I will let you all know how I do next week.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I have not done the 2000 series, only tip I can give you is to go over the objectives here. Make sure you understand each thoroughly and you will do fine. I would also maybe think about picking up a product such as Transcenders to test your readiness. Exam Cram has always been good supplemental reading as well. Best of luck to you on your exam!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your mileage may vary, but from what I remember the exam is not that hard. I began studying for it and was barely into it when a friend gave me a voucher that was going to expire in a couple of days. I figured I had nothing to lose so I booked the exam and passed with a 902.

As I recall the toughest part of the exam was the fact that all the questions were 2-3 paragraphs long.

Ah here, I found my original post:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16798
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the replies! I'll see how my finances look for getting something like Transcenders or Exam Cram.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I just missed passing this one! I got a 676, that is a little depressing. The good news is that I just found the exam cram book on a bargain bookshelf at my local computer store for 99 cents! So I will be re-reading some chapters in the MS Press book and I will be going through the Exam Cram book. I will be retesting with in the next week.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. At least you found the Exam Cram for cheap, that's definitely good! Study hard the next week and I'm sure you'll conquer the exam next week. Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks