Question About IE 6

cdamaniacdamania Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
HELLO,
I AM USING WINDOWS 2000 PRO AND THE PROBLE I AM HAVING IS THAT WHEN I CLICK ON INTERNET EXPLORER ICON OR ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES INTERNET EXPLORER MY PC REBOOTS. IT WORKS FINE IF I USE FIREFOX AND ALL THE OTHER APPS LIKE OUTLOOK. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE ISSUE COULD BE. CAN SOME ON PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Please do not post in ALL CAPS!! It's makes your post difficult to read.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    SCAN YOUR PC FOR A VIRUS OR SPYWARE OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT BE PLAYING A BAD JOKE ON YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO START IE6. MAKE SURE YOUR IE6 SHORTCUTS ARE REALLY POINTED TO IEXPLORE.EXE.

AND STOP YELLING!!

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This post reminds me of my father. Refuses to use anything but CAPS! And ya, do what Jdmurray stated. If that doesn't solve the problem, try putting your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and then go to Start > Run > Type rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf and hit ok. This will reinstall Internet Explorer 6.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    SCRAP THAT PIECE OF CRAP & GET FIREFOX : LOUD NOISES!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check your event logs after the reboot, does is say anything about rebooting from a bugcheck?

If you have your xp cd you can also try running sfc /scannow from the command prompt.
    All things are possible, only believe.