Options

Error Access Denied..IE6

d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Afternoon all...

I have a user with a strange internet connection which i cant seem to cure. User can load the home page fine, if she tries to browse to www.google.co.uk / bbc.co.uk etc then the page will hang then come up with Error. Access is denied.

I have checked her proxy settings to three other machines and they are the same, plus the sites can be loaded okay from the other machines.

Another problem i have noticed is if she is on www.google.com then type into address bar www.techexams.net for example, page will stay on google but the add bar will say www.techexams.net

Sooo.......i have tried:

Run adaware and spybot, twice
cleared all temp files
ipconfig /flushdns
manual ip & gateway
different network card
with and without proxy details
manual gateway
downloaded mozilla - same problems
uninstalled yahoo toolbar and disabled a couple of IE add-on's
manual dns settings

Still the same problem..

I am now thinking:

Install another network card, give this a static ip of the router (different range to network) and set the net connection to go directly via that
Format PC
Put PC on runway 9 at heathrow and wait for a plane to smash it up icon_cool.gif

Just wondered if you guys & girls had any other ideas?! i have never seen this error before...

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check the Security settings in Internet Explorer.

Try another browser
  • Options
    d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    downloaded mozilla - same problems

all security settings set to minimal
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you try a repair of IE?
    Did you try uninstalling IE and reinstalling it after a reboot?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is there a proxy server in use, if so maybe this user is under some kind of restriction?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    try logging in as admin or yourself/different user account....if this works okay it's probably a windows profile issue and can be resolved by doing the following:

- reboot machine (to free up any instances of account logins)
    - login as administrator account
    - navigate to c:\documents and settings\username
    - rename the "username" folder to username.old so if the path was c:\documents and settings\ksmith you woulld rename the ksmith folder to ksmith.old
    - log off
    - login as ksmith (or whatever the problematic username acount name is)
    - test web browsing
    - if successful, browse to c:\docs and sets\ksmith.old
    - copy the Desktop, My Documents and Favourites folders into the newly created folder

C:\documents and settings\ksmith

- When prompted to replace existing files select "yes to all"

you could also do a system restore to an earlier restore point that you know it was working

start - run - helpctr - ok

search for system restore and run the system restore wizard and restore to the closest restore point that the machine was in a working state.