Exchange 2007~ Anyone?

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Anyone currently running this new server? I am considering upgrading to this. I really like the upgrade OWA & the ability to send/recieve email from my smart phone in rich text.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We have an entire Exchange 2007 infrastructure configured in our datacenter for our company which one of our Unified Communication architects configured. It has Unified Communications role on it as it completely configured to talk to our PBX with Call Manager. Some phones have unity voice mail and some users are UM enabled. I've been working closely with the Architect for the last few weeks on how exactly Unified Messaging works and how the PBX transfers voice mail directly to Exchange 2007 and all that good stuff. Exchange 2007 definitely has some nice stuff, I just wish I had more time right now to devote to other areas of Exchange 2007.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm doing some research on Outlook 2007 for my company, as we speak. Once I have some more information, I'll be happy to share.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm off to E2K7 training as soon as my plate is cleared of the projects I'm currently involved in, and then we will pilot and deploy. It'll be at least 3 months before I will be able to start though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Cool, I believe I am going to make the move as well. I'm putting pricing and the install method into a formal presentation plan. I will also have to upgrade XEONs. I did see MS has better Spam & Virus protection bundled with it? I believe I will be going with GFI Mail Essentials and Symantec MS for Exchange. How about you?

@Slowhand - yes, please share. I have Outlook 2007 installed right and like it.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    We're running Exchange 2007 and Office Enterprise 2007 (Outlook 2007 included). Features and integration are mind boggling. I haven't looked back since installation.

My surprise favorites are Business Contact Manager 2007 and One Note (don't go to any meetings without it).
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Our ISP is Sprint and we are using their hosted service for gateway SPAM and virus filtering. That's as effective as any solution I've seen, we get almost no spam. We're also looking at some archiving solutions for 2003 but I'm probably going to wait to see what's out there for 2007 before we make a commitment to a particular product.

We are rolling out Live Communications Server over the next month and we are going to upgrade our SharePoint sites to 2007 soon and roll out Office 2007 later in the year, with Exchange 2007 being the last piece of the puzzle. I can't wait to see how it all fits together.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We run Exchange 07. It's worth the move. Enough said.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thanks for all the feed back. Does exchange 03 have rich text formating for mobile devices on wireless sync like 07?
    I get to go on my first full blown Exchange 2007/ISA 2006 implementation in Chicago for a 1000 user company beginning in April. Should definitely be interesting. I'll post back on details as the project proceeds on experiences that I encounter.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    justindu wrote:

Thanks for the link justindu! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    icroyal: I was curious if you have started or completed this project yet.

Let me know how it went.
    Yep, we just finished design Friday and are beginning implementation today. So far nothing too wowish. We shall see :)