Options

Will I have to reload my Windows XP if I upgrade my CPU?

mtbcyclistmtbcyclist Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
Did not know where to ask this but I figured this would be a good place. I have a home built PC in which I though about upgrading the processor. Nothing else in the machine would change. Would it hose Windows XP Pro?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    no
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    To make myself clearer. A CPU only upgrade shouldn't effect your install of XP.

Georgemc
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    mtbcyclistmtbcyclist Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Thats what I thought but I have never tried it.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21200

I was going to say that someone already asked this question....But it was YOU.

Do not multi- post your questions on the forum. It was in the correct place the first time and IT WAS ANSWERED

icon_evil.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?