Options

Alrighty ...

shadow1480shadow1480 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
In about 7 hours, I think I will be certified. Ive been taking a bunch of practice tests, and getting pretty comfy with everything.

Im confident I shall pass. This should be interesting!

Comments

• Options
    shadow1480shadow1480 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got it! Passed with a score 515. Barely, but its passing. thanks to all who developed this site. It's great!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

The site thanks goes to "Webmaster" (despite his attempts to deny it)...without him...there would be no 'us' :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!! :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    williaawilliaa Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

Im Planning to take the hardware protion of the test....And to u have taken this, If I may ask....What types of key points would u advise me to really buckle down on.

MObO layouts, Irq's/Com ports,/Connector types/Types of Ram/differences b/t At & AtX Mobo's......and what else...

I wanna pass it with a good grade, but i found a few sites to practice off of, and i found that some of the answers that were on there were wrong. Atleast 20/

So i dont know if im studying right or wrong info....

Help*****!!!!!******
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    williaa wrote:

Im Planning to take the hardware protion of the test....And to u have taken this, If I may ask....What types of key points would u advise me to really buckle down on.

MObO layouts, Irq's/Com ports,/Connector types/Types of Ram/differences b/t At & AtX Mobo's......and what else...

I wanna pass it with a good grade, but i found a few sites to practice off of, and i found that some of the answers that were on there were wrong. Atleast 20/

So i dont know if im studying right or wrong info....

Help*****!!!!!******

Download the objectives from Comptia, this is where you should begin your studies. After that, a book or two from Mike Meyers or Sybex are strongly recommended.

As far as 'wanting to pass with a good grade'. These exams aren't graded like school work, they are rated on a point system of 100-900 points you need to be above the minimum passing score depending on the exam you take it varies. A pass is a pass. Someone barely squeaking by isn't less qualified then someone who may have memorized a bunch of practice questions and scored very high. Real experience will benefit you more then anything else, so get busy and practice and go over the objectives.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    williaawilliaa Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Um, I appreciate it. I bought a few books from B&N today. 1) Exam Crm 2 A+, and Q's & A's, which has about 800 Questions and answers. I thought that would be a good book, and it has fairly good questions in there.

So ill take your advice an hit the books, and im looking to pass the test as well. Its kinda nerve racking cus i hate the test taking atmosphere, but the test is only like 80/90 questions, and ihave a book that has 800/ and im pretty sure if i take notes as well from the comp TIA site ill probably end up with that many as well.

BUt im going to get to it, and i look forward to letting everyone know that i passed, cus i love to see that this site has so many people on here who are going for the same thing.

And i'd have to say this is a very good site and im glad i found it, and thats for the comments from everyone.....

A.v
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....