Options

Passed 971/1000

bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
Passed this afternoon after two months of preparing. The exam wasn't half that bad. Used MS Press, ExamCram, CBT Nuggets, Transcenders, and Sybex (actually used more resources here then the CCNA).

The MS Press book was by far the best reference - the only reference to cover WSUS. Nothing shocking - but know your Sharing and NTFS permissions, RDP, Disaster Recovery, etc, etc.

The practice exams included in the MS Press Kit were great. Only took me around 1:10-15 to finish. Had four SIMS, nothing too hard, just make sure to read and re-read the questions.

I just cracked the book for 70-291 and so far this test looks to be much more interesting than 70-290.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and excellent score! I see you wasted no time starting on 70-291. That's a good thing, not a bad thing in most cases. I take it you are using MSPress for 70-291 as well. If so, it is a good choice. I agree with you that 70-291 was a lot more interesting than 70-290. 70-291 was actually my favorite exam. Good luck to you on "The Beast" and don't hesitate to ask any questions in the 70-291 forum. Take care!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Thanks icroyal - yep you're right - MS Press.

DNS, DHCP, RRAS, VPN - that stuff is LOADS more exciting than counters/trace logs, dsquery/dsmove, etc, etc. I know the info in 290 is important in a windows infrastructure, but network infrastructure is much more interesting to me than managing and maintaining a server.

See ya over in the 291 forum!
  • Options
    onthewayontheway Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I booked for the next monday 19th of february...i'm little bit nervous...........

MS Press, ExamCram2 are the books i'm using, and i think you're right for WSUS.
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job and excellent score!
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
  • Options
    webby44webby44 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats a brilliant score, well done.
    Steven Webb
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats bmauro! icon_thumright.gif
    Ever consider changing your avatar to the dark side, I mean MCP logo? icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Nice job!!

Enjoy 291 icon_exclaim.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    bmauro wrote:
    Passed this afternoon after two months of preparing.

Nice work. That's an excellent score - well done.

I'm just going through my 70-290 preparation with the same book you used, the MS Press. I've just gotta read through it and book an exam!