Options

Finally getting lab equipment

hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Been back at work for about a month now. Turns out the lab equipment has been there for about 5 months. We just opened the boxes last week. Starting with a couple of CallManager Express routers. 2801 and 2821 with Unity express AIM for the small one and Unity express NM for the 2821. It's about time. Wish I had the stuff when I was at home with my broken leg. Anyway, they're plugged in and powered up. Now I've got to figure out how to make them work. Hopefully all that reading is going to come into use now.

Comments

• Options
    and soand so Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear sir

i just finished the CCVP exams and i would like to install the lab at home as u did.

could you give me more details about the equipments " gatekeeper, gateway, ... etc"

and do u have idea from where can i get used equipments " second hand" to use them in this lab.
    just to save money icon_lol.gif

regards

and so
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    and so wrote:
    i just finished the CCVP exams and i would like to install the lab at home as u did.

could you give me more details about the equipments " gatekeeper, gateway, ... etc"
    I'm not sure how you finished the CCVP exams without knowing the lab equipment you'd need.... but check out these CCVP forum threads:
    Doubt about CCVP equipments
    Home CCVP Lab

If you don't have access to Voice Lab equipment at work, most people will rent rack time and maybe get some of the (cheaper) equipment off of eBay.

You can also check out the HOWTOs over at hack.at to see what people have gotten to work for Voice with Dynamips.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!