A+ Hardware Passed!

pixelpersonpixelperson Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wheeewwhoo! Passed A+ hardware on Wednesday!

Score of 600 out of 900.

Used Transcenders, Exam Cram, and Jean Andrews textbook from the class that I took last fall. I scheduled for OS side in two weeks. :D:D

Had a lot of printer questions, dotmatrix, laser, etc. Not a lot of trouble shooting. Which was weird concidering that this cert is for repair & maintenance. A couple of memory, SCSI, RAID, and CPU questions were sprinkled in to make it interesting.

I recognized a few questions from the Network+ test which I passed about 3 weeks ago. If they weren't the same, then they sure looked familiar. icon_eek.gif

Any one have suggestions to prepare for the OS side of this cert? Any tips that you might have would be welcome.

I am looking at doing CCNA and 70-290 sometime during this summer. Suggestions for these would also be appreciated.

Cheers :D

Pixelperson
Miami, FL
Network +
Pixelperson
Miami, FL

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_exclaim.gificon_thumright.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Good job!

My only advice for the OS part is to remember everything you studied for the hardware part, as you will see some of that stuff again, though not in great detail.
  • shadow1480shadow1480 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! i agree, you will see some of the same stuff on the OS portion. Get comfortable with TRACERT, NSLOOKUP, etc. That helped me out a lot. And the routes to get to certain things (i.e. defrag, IRQs). I got some of those questions too.
  • BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. For the OS test I would advise that you get familiar with the system requirements for windows, know how to access windows utilities and when to use them,and troubleshooting scenarios.
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the OS side. Just make sure you feel ready, then go for it. The practice exams here on techexams helped a lot. Take as many practice exams as possible. I take a practice exam everyday since I am up for the hardware test next. If you do not have time to sit in front of a computer, then take a book that is easy to carry.
    Jedi never stop training......
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops