Options

A+ Questions

Eag'sEag's Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, I was just wondering if there was a time limit regarding the A+ exams? As in if you sit the Core hardware first, how long do get before you have to sit the OS test?

Also is the exam multiple choice or written answers?

Thanks in advance icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    A+ is a Linear (80 Questions) with a 90 minute time limit. There is no time period between taking the Harware and the OS. I tried to take them back to back but VUE told me they didn't suggest it. I took them a week apart.
    I hope this helps ya!
  • Options
    So linear means multiple choice? icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no, linear means the test has X number of questions and you have to go through them all to complete the test. the opposite of linear is adaptive. an adaptive exam feeds you questions until it thinks you've passed or failed, then ends the exam. i took the adaptive exams and passed in 5 minutes, per exam.

i would have recommended taking the adaptive back to back, but i would say take the linears on different days.
  • Options
    Carson_MageCarson_Mage Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Eag's wrote:
    So linear means multiple choice? icon_redface.gif
    Yes the questions are multiple choice, the format is linear which means you have a fixed amount of questions(80 in this case) and you're are able to mark and go back to change you're answers. btw no writing is required since the exam is done on computer.
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me guys icon_thumright.gif