Options

what kind of job?

brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
What kind of job should I look for after I finish the Cisco Net Academy and get my CCNA? And where?

I am talking about a first job in the field, I am not working in the I.T. field yet.

Do good grades count for anything? If so, how do I present that on a resume or at an interview?

I also have my A+, Net+ and MCP ( Windows XP ) and have studied Server 2003 for that test, but am going to wait until after I finish the CCNA before taking that test.

I am much more interested in the networking than the MS stuff.

I went to school for the A+, did Net+, Windows XP and Server 2003 on my own, currently in Cisco Net Academy for CCNA ( and thoroughly enjoy it ).

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Well it all depends, the certifications and schooling will definatley be good factors for you. Since that you don't have any professional experience yet and your still in school it depends on what your looking for. Places will take on interns in the networking aspect, or you can land a job doing help desk/desktop support. I started as an intern doing level 1 support for an IT servies company then moved to another company doing level 2 support. Try for any entry level position what the worst that can happen is the way i see it, I applied for numerous job before i finally switched. Pick a place that seems like will be a good fit for experience. Best of luck to ya!