Options

NOTE CARDS

macaframa1macaframa1 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my first post in a couple of years, but i have been a fan of this site for a long time. I love the help you give to people like me and your advice is priceless.

I have been studying for the A+ test since 2002. I originally began studying with the Mike Myers book, but before i was able to take the test a family emegency happened and i had to stop. Then the format changed to the 2003 and i had to study the new objectives. Again i lacked confidence and didnt take the test. Recently i heard the test was changing again and i realized this was it. IU either got certified by July or my dreams would die. Anyways i reread the sybex book i had that covered the 2003 objective. I have the cramsession study guides and am planning to make notecards to study from.

My question is, What type of materials should i put on my notecards? SHould i use questions from practice tests or just list IRQ's, printer steps and so-on. The fact so to speak. I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys could give. WHat kind of studying did you do? ANy websites that have good notecard topics.

Thanks in advance. This is truly a long time dream of mine (as pathetic as that sounds), its less about the cert and more about proving to myself that i could do it.

Thank you sincerely for all your help though the years

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I havent taken this exam but my note cards are made up of:

A) The most important facts
    or
    B) Things I come accross during study that im not 100% sure on

Apart from that I find a mixture of Book and Video training to be most effective for me. Different people learn in different ways you have to find something that suits you. :)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    macaframa1 wrote:
    This is truly a long time dream of mine (as pathetic as that sounds), its less about the cert and more about proving to myself that i could do it.
    I just want to commend you for your attitude, you sound alot like me. I first started looking into A+ and MSCE in 1998, and for various reasons, never really applied myself. Last summer I told myself that now is the time, and knocked out A+, Network+, and am one exam away from getting my MCSA. A+ may not be as highly regarded as MS and Cisco certs, but I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I got mine, so keep at it!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    macaframa1 wrote:

....ANy websites that have good notecard topics.

Try the Objectives and highlight the topics from the objectives on cards.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Don't build the A+ up too much its a starter cert, just take the exam and see if you pass. If you dont then at least you will have experienced the actual exam and can gauge where you are.
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the tips. the practice test section are helping out also. any other links for free practice exam. know about this one and proprofs.

also are the question on the test where you have to sselect all that apply or just one correct answer?