Practice simulations

Joe S.Joe S. Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings all - I am new to this excellent forum.

I am working on my MCSA for Server 2003 with the security specialization; my other certifications include MCDST, A+, and Network+.

To date, I have passed Security+, MS 70-270, and MS 70-299 - it would have been nice to have discovered this forum as I had a failed exam.

In setting sights on 290 and 291, I have the MS Press books on order. However, I understand that on each exam that there are simulations involving a number of steps.

I am not looking for easy answers, and am conscientious about studying, learning the material, and then taking the exam.

If these questions violate any policies please inform me - they are not asked in order to take any shortcuts.

- Are there sources - books, web sites, etc. - where one may legitimately practice simulations? I installed my evaluation copy of Server 2003 that was included with my MS Press 70-299 book, but I can't find any practice tutorial.

- Is one allowed to backtrack during the exam when clicking through a simulation if they realize that they made a mistake? I ask this as I have dealt with nerves during previous exams.

Again, my intention is not to violate any polices - just to obtain legitimate and detailed study materials.

Joe S.

Comments

• EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Joe,

Your questions don't violate any policies to my knowledge. I'd suggest you check out www.transcender.com and purchase their exam suite for 70-290. Their practice exams contain practice simulations which run exactly the same as the ones on the Microsoft exams.

Yes you can backtrack to a simulation question or reset it to its defaults.

Good luck!
  • Joe S.Joe S. Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everlife, thanks for the suggestion on Transcender; I was told the Sybex also had exam suites for 290 and 291 that included simulation practice.

Good to know that if one gets fouled up the simulation can be reset.

Joe S.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most definitely! I became lost on a few of the sims while taking the 290, and oh was I thankful for that reset button.

I haven't had experience with the Sybex exam suites, but I can tell you I've loved Transcender so far. There were more than a few questions that appeared very close to what I received on the Microsoft exam.

Whatever the case, good luck!