Options

MCSE SECURITY: IS IT WORTH IT

In the big scheme of things is the MCSE SECURITY worth anything. I understand that info security is a long learning curve but these tests are so D!@#$ EXPENSIVE !!!!. I cant afford them all. just want some insight on the best certs to shoot for.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it is worth it for no other reason than because of the knowledge you gain from studying. But if you don't have the cash then I would not worry about getting the MCSE:Security just concentrate on getting MCSE first.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    RATTLERMAN wrote:
    just want some insight on the best certs to shoot for.

Depends on how you define "best". I am going to assume you mean the hardest, top level certifications. If you mean "best" for someone entering the workforce, the answer will change.

If you want the top level information security certification, then consider the CISSP. It is the "gold standard". However, there is a heafy experience requirement and the test is hard...

Another "top" certification in the security field is the CISA (or CISM). It is more focused on auditing, however.

A good entry and mid-level security certification are either the Security+ or the SSCP. They are the "best" for understanding the technical aspects of information security.
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...