Question for Darby

remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
Your threads have inspired me a lot. I am currently working on my CCNA which is a far cry from CCIE but I just want to know, and I pose this question to Darby because he seems to be a frequent poster and is on his way to obtaining his CCIE, what things did you do to gain the certs and knowledge you have as far as home studying, frequently visited web sites for information, home lab set ups, motivational techniques and so forth. I got into the IT field about 4 years ago and I have a few certs under my belt and looking to acquire more. I wonder sometimes if I have the right mind set, discipline, creativity and intelligence to achieve something like the CCIE. I find myself being too easily distracted with every day life and just needed some advice on what you have done to achieve your goals. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    You know remyforbes777,

Thanks
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Darby,

Yes it answers my questions and it also gives me hope that I can aspire to be CCIE. I am 34 (will be 35 in May) and I sometimes get down and out cause I started so late in IT, (at least i feel like that), but one thing that seperates me from others is my passion. Once I stepped into IT full time, I submerged myself into learning. My only hang up is wanting to learn so much so quickly and the occassional distractions of everyday life. Thanks for your response, it really gives me hope that I can do this.
    Remy,

Thanks again
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Darby,
    Thanks. I have to realize that there is always someone who is going to know more than I do. I just have to continue learning and hopefully I will be one of those people that I am talking about. Long live the pursuit of knowledge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Darby,

Like remy said reading a lot of the posts you make also inspires me, my question for you is once you hit the point of having a family how do you find time to really learn and understand everything you want to. I'm still pretty young and have been in the IT field for about a year and half while still working on my degree. Currently I am pursuing CCNA and now having a family it seems to sometimes keep me from getting the time to study like I'd like to be able to. Just wondering if you had any advice on how to make things work with a very busy life, I'd love one day to be working for my CCIE. Basically is there anything specific you've found works well to be able to focus on the material you are tying to learn. Thanks!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I have to agree with the sleep being over rated....mainly because I never get any sleep...thanks tho buddy