Options

WSUS

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Dont know whether this is the right forum to post this but here goes: I have been reading about installing WSUS using a back-end SQL Server which was going well until i read that you have to Run a SQL script to identify how update storage is being managed on the front-end computer Can anyone enlighten me on what this means or better still tell me what steps to take?

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I once wrote a web front end to an access database of Everquest items and eqipment (yes I was very sad). Basically I clicked on various web page check boxes and pressed go and my program then built the sql statement to fire at the access database. The program then caught the result coming back and displayed it in formatted tables back within the web page. To get it working for my pc and anyone on the local network, I had to switch on the PCs IIS service.

What you are trying to do is the same thing. Basically, how are the two going to communicate and pass information to each other and in what structures?

It might be better for you to ask this in the 70-228 / 70-229 forums.
    Kam.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hopefully answered it here:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21625

I know you weren't getting a quick reply, but it's better to bump your original post after a couple of days rather than post the same question in 3 fourms, please. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.