Options

Whats Your Flavour?

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
So i dont take over the other thread:

What OS are you currently running and why?

Ease of install? Ease of use? Habit? It came with the hardware? Brain washed by an army of evil killer muffins?
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Home Computer:
    Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Why?
    I love to stay current
    I love Media Center
    I love integrated DVD codecs
    I love SuperFetch (where it will use all of your system's memory as cache so things load faster) which makes my system run very fast/responsive.
    I love the GUI
    Etc...

It was very easy to install. It detected most of my hardware included my 2 Raid Arrays (Raid 0 with 2 Raptor 74GB and 1 Raid 1 for my data/backups). I love that the install portion is now GUI-based and you can install updated RAID drivers via a USB flashdrive before you proceed with the install.

Work Computer:
    Vista Business 32-bit

Why?
    Free (Using RTM but I've been using it since the day RC2 came out)
    I love to stay current
    I love the GUI
    Etc...

3rd Computer:
    No Operating System yet
    I'm debating on putting Ubuntu on it. I plan on moving in 6-10 months and hopefully the ISP I get does not block Exchange ports so I can run my own Exchange server. If they do not block the ports, I will go over to Server 2007/2008 (Longhorn) most likely and install Exchange 2007.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    cshirercshirer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right now im running Freebsd 6.2 as my desktop with fluxbox as my windows manager

im using openbsd 3.9 as a pf a firewall and solaris 10 as a web server.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vista Ultimate (32 bit) on all personal workstations, laptops, and work computer.

The search feature alone was reason enough for me to switch over to Vista but the UI and various other improvements over XP make it gravy.