Options

JR NETWORK/SYSTEM ADMIN

RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
Been looking around for some junior positions and I have not had any luck. It seems to be either you are a admin or a tech. Alot of places there isnt any upward mobility you have to bounce around from company to company. Any ideas on how to make the move

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Keep your eyes peeled for these kinds of positions. Where I work currently, I started as a Jr. Systems Engineer, but was quickly moved up to full-fledged Systems Engineer wihtin a few months. I've also seen a lot of job offers come in for junior positions, you just have to know where to look. Below are a few of the places I posted my resume, as well as did some searching for jobs:

Dice (Mainly IT and engineering jobs. Lots of positions open, but the comptetition is fierce.)

Craig's List (This is where my current employer found me. Check the "jobs" and "gigs" sections.)

Career Builder (Comes recommended by Microsoft's MCP community. Lots of jobs posted here.)

Monster (Lots of fluff, but you can sometimes find good positions here since it's well known.)

On any or all of these sites can you post your resume, search jobs, and get notified on new positions available (via email). Give them a shot, I'm sure you'll find a position that suits you, soon enough.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try Indeed. It's like a job search engine search engine. It will search monster, dice, computerjobs, etc for specific job titles within a certain range.
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    Thanks for the info... the Indeed web site looks promising
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Slowhand wrote:
    Craig's List (This is where my current employer found me. Check the "jobs" and "gigs" sections.)

Thanks for sharing that link. They seemed to have some positions listed that others did not. Good stuff!