Passed Linux+ today

ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
As the topic suggests, I took Linux+ today and passed with a score of 890 out of 900!!!

I must have guessed correctly on about 4-5 questions as they caught me totally off guard. Overall the exam was quite easy for the experienced Linux user, but it could seem hard to some people.

All the questions seemed pretty straight forward, and there were NO "choose all that apply" or "choose or 2 3" type of questions.

I used Sybex for review and preparation, along with 3 years of experience with Linux.

:D
Every day hurts, the last one kills.

Comments

• elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    hey congrats man......

Is this hard exam?....i'm thinking of doing it soon
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

I don't have a lot of Linux experience but I do want to take this exam one day and learn as much as I can about Linux in the process.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Good score. Congrats on the pass. You should change your name to IPTABLES instead. lol. I took and passed the Linux + back in July. It was suprising. I have about a solid year and a half of Linux experience.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    elover_jm wrote:
    hey congrats man......

Is this hard exam?....i'm thinking of doing it soon

Overall, I don't believe the exam is hard. I personally found it easier than my A+, N+, and Security+.

With the proper books, and a few weeks of study you should be ready to take it.

Thanks for all of your replies guys, without your support nothing would have been possible. :D
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.