Options

Prometric Horror Story

mrcert2003mrcert2003 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well to all my friends in the forum let me begin to explain the horror story of Promteric. I went to take my security + exam on Monday So I attended the same testing facility where I took all the rest of my exams. I show up and he told me that all prometric exams are cancelled due to failure of downloading the exams.

I called Promteric and offered me nothing more then taking the exam on the next day. I go today and the same thing .....So you could just imagine the stress on me today... I'm totally disgusted with Promteric and now I'm at the point where I don't even want to take this stupid exam...... icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    mrcert2003 wrote:
    ... I'm totally disgusted with Promteric and now I'm at the point where I don't even want to take this stupid exam...... icon_cry.gif
    That'll show'em. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, stuff happens. It's a pain, but all you can do is wait a week or so, use the extra time to relax and take a practice exam or two. Try not to let it get to you.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    I had the same experience when I took the Security+ exam, I think that it took 4 trips to the testing center before I was able to take it. The problem had to do with the fact that the testing pc's had AMD cpu's and they were trying to load the test that was certified on Intel cpu's. It would bomb before the first question would pop up. One time I was past the 10th question and it would bomb. Prometric sent down some reg hacks that finally let it work. I have to admit that it sucks in a bad way. I had a similair problem with my 70-290 test also. The next closest testing center Prometric or Vue is 70 miles away, so I just suffer.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hanakuin wrote:
    I had the same experience when I took the Security+ exam, I think that it took 4 trips to the testing center before I was able to take it. The problem had to do with the fact that the testing pc's had AMD cpu's and they were trying to load the test that was certified on Intel cpu's. It would bomb before the first question would pop up. One time I was past the 10th question and it would bomb. Prometric sent down some reg hacks that finally let it work. I have to admit that it sucks in a bad way. I had a similair problem with my 70-290 test also. The next closest testing center Prometric or Vue is 70 miles away, so I just suffer.

Really? What would the brand of CPU have to do with an exam not working? I could see if it was because the PCs were cheap, old pieces of junk.

I had a bad experience with Prometric, so now with the execption of Citrix exams, I take all my tests with Vue.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    allmightypcallmightypc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It happened on one of my exams also. The girl tried for 1/2 an hour to get the exam to download...to no avail.
    No biggie though...in real life, nothing is/goes perfect, especially where people are involved...LOL
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    All of the workstations in the testing center were whitebox crap that they either ordered somewhere or had someone locally build for them. I'm not even sure that they passed Prometric's hardware check. I remember that they had a custom script that bypassed some of the harware checks that it goes through before an exam will load.
  • Options
    scullersculler Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On Monday I took a Prometric exam for 70-291. IT down loaded correctly, but locked up/failed 4 times during the exam. The last time was just after I pressed the button to score the exam.

I lucked out in that it did keep all of my answers and I was able to complete and passed the exam. But I had my doubts.

The rep at the testing center indicated that they may switch to another testing company such as Pearson.

Sculler
    Do Good Work, Keep In touch, Have fun.