Options

TechExams and Transcender

Guys ... one query ... i understand by looking at most of the posts here that people attempt the MeasureUp and Transcender exams first which are comparitively tougher than the Original MCP ... but does one have to take these practice tests specifically ? m sayin it becuase i do not have the scope to pay for such online exams ... All i can depend on is teh MSPRESS and ExamCram ... ?? will be appearing for the test last week of March and m in two minds .... icon_sad.gif ... HELP !
MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have only used Transcenders once or twice and never used Measure Up. I am not a strong believer in over-use of practice exams. I have almost always just used the free ones that come with the books. To each their own though. But even those who swear by the practice exams you mentioned (because they are pretty much the best out there) will admit you don't have to use them to pass.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    rhelt100rhelt100 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nick3003 wrote:
    Guys ... one query ... i understand by looking at most of the posts here that people attempt the MeasureUp and Transcender exams first which are comparitively tougher than the Original MCP ... but does one have to take these practice tests specifically ? m sayin it becuase i do not have the scope to pay for such online exams ... All i can depend on is teh MSPRESS and ExamCram ... ?? will be appearing for the test last week of March and m in two minds .... icon_sad.gif ... HELP !

The transcenders help, for sure, but they're not required. Just know your stuff! I found while studying for 70-290 that the transcenders were much, much harder than the actual exam. If you can consistantly score high on the transcenders then the exam will be a breeze.
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    thanks guys ..... i think the MSPRESS and the EXAMCRAM should suffice for me to get a GOOD score ! :)
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nick3003 wrote:
    thanks guys ..... i think the MSPRESS and the EXAMCRAM should suffice for me to get a GOOD score ! :)

I would say that if you are setting up lab environments and testing each topic that is covered in the mspress books, then taking the examcram and doing good because of the knowledge you receive from testing then you are good. But If you are just straight reading mspress and expecting to know enough to pass the test then I would get better practice tests.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Guys ... what do u exactly mean by saying "set up a lab environment" ?? is it some kind of a virtual software Lab or what it is ... and how can i SET IT UP ?? icon_confused.gif: ..... HELP PLEASEE !!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nick3003 wrote:
    Guys ... what do u exactly mean by saying "set up a lab environment" ?? is it some kind of a virtual software Lab or what it is ... and how can i SET IT UP ?? icon_confused.gif: ..... HELP PLEASEE !!

You would install multiple xp machines in your home and try out all the different options you learn by reading the XP test to get hands on experience with the operating system.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    I already have a computer which runs on XP ! ... do i need somekind of a 3rd party software to create a virtual lab ?? icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    You can download Virtual PC 2004 from Microsoft for free. Set it up with several virtual machines and presto...you've got a virtual lab. The number of virtual machines you can have is limited by the amount of RAM in your system and the HD space. You can search Google for info on setting up Virtual PC.:D

If you're using a PC at work, set the virtual machine network configuration to "LOCAL", at least until you're more familiar with the environment. This is to ensure that you don't interfere with the live network and possibly get yourself into hot water with you SysAdmins or boss. icon_sad.gif
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    thnks Mate ... will try Virtual PC 2004 ! :o