Life after 291

bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
I know that I am getting a little ahead of myself but, just curious what tests and in what order you are all taking after 291.

As for me, I am not sure which one, but definatly one of the MSCE ones.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would definitely do 293 next. 293 is mostly review of the 291 stuff with some additions. For example, in 293, you will be introduced to Network Load Balancing, Traditional Server Clustering, PKI/Certificates, and other topics. I would suggest that you use the 70-293 book by Syngress which is known to be superior to the MSPress book in about every way possible. Syngress often do sales on their books on their website and the 70-293 book has been known to go on sale quite a bit. Unfortunately, it's not on sale right now. Here's a direct link to the book: http://www.syngress.com/search/?search=70-293&Submit=Go
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Icroyal, i'd go for 293 as it overlaps.

I did 70-284 after 291 as I wanted MCSA status sooner.
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Treg wrote:
    I agree with Icroyal, i'd go for 293 as it overlaps.

I did 70-284 after 291 as I wanted MCSA status sooner.

So would you say that taking the 284 before the 293 is a good option? I only ask b/c I was asked by the owner of our company to take the exchange test but I do not have a time limit on it, so should I take the 293 then the 284 or 284 to 293 then 294?
    "Our arrows will blot out the sun."
    "Then we will fight in the shade."
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It depends. Do you have experience with pki/certificates, clustering, network load balancing, and ipsec? The 70-284 doesn't spend too much time on how these technologies work and expects you to have some knowledge regarding these areas. While it's definitely possible to do the 70-284 before 70-293, I would advise you to do 70-293 first if at all possible. If you do the 70-293 first, you will get the knowledge regarding certificates, pki, NLB, and clustering which will help you greatly when doing exchange labs. Labs such as configuring OWA to do SSL, SMIME, TLS across your SMTP links, and more. It will help you not just in labs, but also when reading such as conceptualizing how an exchange infrastructure could be configured security by taking advantage of ipsec, and other stuff as well. Hope this helps. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • jimmyp83jimmyp83 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking 293, 294, 298, then security+. I'm switching to CCNA after that
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're not going to throw 299 in there and get your security specialization?
  • rstainforthrstainforth Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-299 then 70-350. my boss is sponsoring me through the mcsa, and I agreed to go for mcsa-security in return for a hefty pay rise with each mcp and a chunk when I qualify mcsa nd again at mcsa-security.

having started it all, i have decided i must need my head looking at lol